Saturday, March 27, 2010

Florida [Part One]

So as most of you are wondering, I obviously haven't been blogging for over a week now. What I have been doing, however, is journaling while I was in Florida on a week-long bike trip with the youth at my job. I had a great time, and every couple days I spent some time writing about it so that I could update you.

First of all, a little about the trip: every 2 years Reston Bible Church's youth ministries goes on a Bike trip to Florida. This is not a mission trip, however the students are encouraged to bring their friends. During the week we stay on several camp grounds in tents, as well as have devotion time and small group time. This gives the students an opportunity to minister to their friends, and gives their friends a chance to hear about Jesus. This week we biked over 155 miles in 5 days, starting at Jacksonville and going into Disney World on the last biking day.

Part One [3.27.10]
Yesterday morning I left for the bike trip with RBC. I was really nervous up until a few days before departure. I was actually pretty excited a few days ago. Now that I'm here, I've biked 15 miles, built a tent, eaten GROSS canned chili, & guess what? I've made it this far! I've survived!

I'm in a tent right now with some awesome girls: BreAnna, Erinn, Ashlyn, Amy, & Hayley. Erinn & Hayley are friends of 2 of the girls.

Me & Ashlyn ~ my bus buddy!

I was just thinking tonight how much courage I have. Sometimes I just have these moments where I realize how "on my own" I have been since I've moved to Reston. I literally knew nothing about the area before I moved & knew no one who lived here. How do I do it? [A question that I ask myself often!]

Answer: GOD.

He really has taken over my life. He really does make life what it is. He really is encouraging me and filling me daily. If HE wasn't in my life I don't think I would be this strong. I don't think I would have moved somewhere new & started over as a stranger.

I can't believe how much I've grown over the years. He is amazing. I pray that He continues to be the Center & Ruler of my life. I love stepping out in faith for Him :]

A view of the Florida beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment