
The man declares, I am weary, O God, & worn out. Surely I am too stupid to be a man. I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy One. - [Psalm 30:1-3]
These verses had become my prayer for so long. "Lord, I am not doing a good job. Lord, I keep messing up. I must be so stupid. What am I not getting?"
But I have discovered verse 5 of this passage:
Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
The first 3 verses start out by saying what MAN declares. These aren't facts, but rather, lies that I have been believing & telling myself.
But on the contrast, every word from God proves true.
In order to really know what this means, to really know what exactly IS true, we much know what God says. We must know the truth of his Word. Through this, he will shield us from the lies of the evil one.
When we take refuge in God & in the truth of his word, we will be shielded from these lies.
So the question then, is this: what does it look like to take refuge in God?
So what does it look like to take refuge in God? I've been thinking about that a lot lately, and I'm not sure how to put it into practice.
ReplyDelete